It’s officially the first day of summer, even though the temperature has been in the low/mid 90’s for about 3 months now. Friday, it was 98* outside, with a heat index of 110* and humidity hovering around 90%….in other words, it was MISERABLE. I’m not a fan of summer weather, so days like these are the bane of my existence.
I was born in mid-January, and if it could be cold all year around, I’d be perfectly happy. I LOVE winter weather, because I like comfy clothes and warm drinks and soups and bonfires and NOT SWEATING. My husband, on the other hand, was born in late-August, and like a true summer baby loves outdoors and the heat doesn’t phase him. For instance, he goes out every Saturday and hunts, rain or shine, in coveralls, snake chaps, boots, and gloves. He treks through swamps and fights off the mosquito swarms and all that jazz to hog hunt, and his wife just ain’t about that life.
I’ll go hunting when it’s nice and chilly outside, so from April to November, you can count me out. Yep, I’d rather sit inside and binge Netflix and enjoy that air-conditioning we pay for every month, thank you very much! And that’s what I did for the most part Sunday, I watched half of the new season of Grey’s Anatomy (eeeeeek!) and this is how I felt when I peeled myself off the couch…
Anyway, since it’s the first official day of summer, and I’ve seen a few other bloggers posting this on their page, I decided to try and come up with a bucket list for the 2016 Summer. So, without further ado:
2016 Summer Bucket List:
- Go to the Beach
- Go Hunting with the guys (At least once)
- Go to a Water-Park (there’s 3-4 nearby)
- Find a new restaurant we’ve never been to
- Go on a date (we haven’t been on a real date since….February?)
- Get my toes done…they need it ASAP
- Read at least 3 more books
- Go back to Painting with a Twist!
- Finish decorating our porch area so we can grill and entertain outside when it’s cooler.
- Girls night!
- Finish decorating my kitchen
- Clean out our spare room (not exactly fun, but needs to be done soon!)
Not a crazy bucket list, but it’s stuff that I DO want to get done this summer. The first one will be done in a few weeks, since we’re going to the beach for a few days for Hubby’s birthday, but the rest I’m gonna have to make time to do! What will be on your bucket lists this summer?