Good morning all!
I know I haven’t been updating as frequently as I’d like, pregnancy brain and my now necessary need for napping when I get home from work and on weekends has taken over completely. But, I did want to share the update I recieved yesterday at the Anatomy Scan.
Baby girl checked out fine, she had flipped from being head down to breech, but that’s not uncommon this early on. She is, however still sitting nice and LOW in my pelvis, which was a little odd. They then checked my cervix, and she said it looked perfect, but the placenta is slightly over-lapping my cervix, which isn’t necessarily cause for alarm just yet. She reassured me that as the uterus stretches, it could pull the placenta away from my cervix and it’s no longer an issue, but they do want to keep an eye on it. And, with her sitting so low, I do need to go back for another ultrasound to check her legs, kidneys, and bottom half of her spine since we didn’t get a good view.
This wasn’t necessarily bad news, but not the news I wanted to hear. I know what happens when you have even partial placenta previa, an automatic scheduled c-section. I am 1000000% terrified of the idea of a section. Not just because of the actual surgery, but the recovery and the fact that any subsequent pregnancies will more than likely be sections as well, unless my doctor would consider letting me try a VBAC. I left the appointment thankful that my daughter is healthy, but also terrified that what is going on in there I have no control over. I didn’t control where the placenta implanted, and I can’t control where she’s sitting in there, but I’m still worried. BUT, I have to keep in mind that I still have 20 more weeks for her to stretch and grow and flip around in there and hopefully drag her placenta along with her. lol
I guess it’s just all part of being a first time mama 🙂
🎃 October Bump Date 🎃
- How far along? 20 Weeks and a few days
- Total weight gain: I lost over 20lbs in the first three months, but I think I’ve gained back 10 of those.
- Maternity clothes? Since about week 10. Elastic waistbands and flowy tops are my BFFs.
- Stretch marks? Not any new ones that I know of!
- Sleep: Still not the best in the world. STILL trying to figure out a comfy way to sleep that’s not on my stomach, and when I roll over, any pressure on my stomach is painful!
- Best moment this week: Seeing my little girl wave and kick around, even though I can’t feel it yet.
- Miss Anything? My comfy sleeping abilities!
- Movement? Nothing significant yet. I felt a big “pop” the other day, which my doctor seems to think was actually her flipping from her previous position to her new one.
- Food cravings: Nothing in particular. It’s all really random, but pickles and icewater seem to be consistent winners.
- Anything making you queasy or sick: Salads, ceasar dressing (blech), anything super floral, my husbands tobacco preferences (he dips/chews tobacco, and it smells TERRIBLE.)
- Gender: GIRL ♥
- Labor Signs: None
- Symptoms: Cramping slightly and sore hips thanks to her low position and size, back pain/sciatica, heartburn, fatigue!
- Belly Button in or out? In still
- Wedding rings on or off? On, but I do take them off occasionally if I feel my hands are swelling.
- Happy or Moody most of the time: A combination of the two. I’m moody if I’m tired, but for the most part I’m in a good mood.
- Looking forward to: Finally feeling her kick, and meeting her in 4-5 short months!