Well, everything checked out perfectly with the little miss! She FINALLY moved out of my pelvis, and it’s definitely her I’ve been feeling kicking me the past two weeks. She made sure I knew for sure it was her, because every time the tech would put the wand near my stomach and push the tiniest bit, she’d kick it! Lol She’s fiesty already, and likes her personal space.
When we first started the ultrasound, her foot was up by her face, and the tech kept trying to figure out what she was doing….SHE WAS SUCKING ON HER TOES. lol I started laughing and said well that’s not something you see every day! After a little bit she stopped and crossed her legs but gave us a good view of her kidneys and everything else the tech needed to finish up the exam. I did get this cute picture of her sucking her thumb though 🙂
Showing off her feet 🙂 I have a huge foot, and so does her daddy, so its no shock she has big feet already. lol
The tech did check my cervix, and she said that although the placenta is not overlapping anymore, which is a good sign, it’s still too close to my cervix for them to take a c-section off the table. I told my husband that at this point, I’m ok with a section as long as my baby is healthy and ok when she gets here. It’s not how I wanted my first birth to go, but it is what it is. We do have 20 more weeks for her to be able to stretch my uterus out and get that placenta out of the way, but I’m not going to get my hopes up and then be crushed and worried come due date.
So, for now everything with baby and mama is looking good, and we’re still right on track for her March due date 🙂 I’m not gonna lie, I’m just ready for her to be here!
- How far along? 22.5 weeks
- Total weight gain: 10 lbs
- Maternity clothes? With this cooler weather, I’m thoroughly enjoying leggings and large tops!
- Stretch marks? None that I didn’t already have!
- Sleep: I think I’ve developed some insomnia. I stopped taking the B6 and Unisom since I wasn’t getting sick anymore, but now my body is trying to adjust my sleep habits since I’m not medicated. I’ve been staying up until 11:00 and waking up all throughout the night then up for good at 5:00am. Might start taking the unisom again, just to get some sleep.
- Best moment this week: Knowing that little girl is just perfect and NOT in my pelvic region anymore. Lol
- Miss Anything? Comfy sleep!
- Movement: Definitely. I’d been feeling little kicks throughout the day and especially when I laid down at night, and the tech confirmed it was her at the ultrasound.
- Food cravings: Nothing really…except right now I’m really craving an apple caramel pie bc a girl at work was talking about it….yummmmm….
- Anything making you queasy or sick: Same old stuff – Salad fixings, super strong smelling foods with garlic or cesaer dressing
- Gender: Little girl ♥
- Labor Signs: None!
- Symptoms: Feeling movement, ligaments definitely stretching and joints are feeling loose, starting to get a little bit of sciatica, but nothing to worry about just yet.
- Belly Button in or out? In
- Wedding rings on or off? On, but I take them off if I feel my hands swelling
- Happy or Moody most of the time: generally happy, although this weekend I did get a little moody after having a very busy saturday.
- Looking forward to: Spending our last holiday season together as just us before she gets here, getting her nursery ready, hubby being able to feel these sweet little kicks like I do…These next few months are going to be amazing!