Yall…this is getting SERIOUS. We have 6 weeks til we hit the big 4-0, and I’m starting to slightly panic. Because 6 weeks to 40 means only 3 weeks to 37 weeks, which is when she could come at any point….and I’m PANICKING.
Not because I’m not prepared, we have everything besides pack-n-play and a swing, and little odd and end things that aren’t necessarily NEEDS, but because I can’t believe in as little as 3 weeks we will be parents. I’ve never wanted something so badly in my entire life, and these past 34 weeks have FLOWN by, which automatically means these next couple of weeks are guaranteed to drag.
We have a baby shower Sunday morning with our church, then we have another one February 11th with my family, so we have lots to look forward to. I’m just anxious about finally meeting this little creature whose been drop-kicking my lungs and headbutting my bladder for the past few months.
Not only do we have a ton of stuff going on the next few weeks, we just had a wedding this weekend that I and hubby were part of….and a little bit of advice: if you’re a bridesmaid at 34 weeks pregnant….SIT AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. My feet and ankles were so swollen and sore from all the standing and walking/waddling I did Friday and Saturday that by the end of the ceremony I was dying. We got home around 10:00 Saturday night, and I crashed. I didn’t move again until mid-morning Sunday, and even then it felt like I was walking with 5″ nails in my heels and cramps in my legs. But, after a few hours of elevating my legs and being lazy, I did manage to get up and straighten my house up AND tackle the mountain of laundry taking over my living room. And guess what guys, hubby helped! He folded all the clothes and put them away, then sorted through our closet and dresser and got rid of anything he doesnt wear. He cleaned out our spare room and organized his hunting gear while I finished washing baby girl’s stuff and getting her room back in order. I was pleasantly surprised that he helped without me having to fight or beg him to, and yall know that’s a definite change from my last post.
Slowly but surely, her stuff is starting to take over our house. There is a baby bathtub hanging on our curtain rod, and a basket of baby washcloths and hooded towels in the cabinet. There is a 4-drawer box in our kitchen currently holding bibs, bottles, and pacifiers I have bought. Her nursery is done and her travel system is sitting in our living room. I have my suitcase cleaned and ready to be packed (which HOLY CRAP I have to do soon!) for our hospital stay…..it’s just a lot of really real stuff you guys.
So, with my anxiety riddled post out of the way….how about a bump-date?
♥ 34 WEEK BUMP DATE ♥
- How far along? 34.5 weeks
- Total weight gain: I’m currently 5 lbs heavier than I was pre-pregnancy, but since I lost so much in the first three months, my total “gain” is actually 28lbs
- Maternity clothes? all day every day!
- Stretch marks? mainly the top of my stomach, since I didn’t “expand” early on, as she’s moved up everything is stretching quickly and it’s actually itchy and painful.
- Sleep: What is sleep? Between insomnia, the need to pee every 2 hours, and not being able to get comfortable with this bowling ball strapped to my torso…I’m lucky to sleep about 3 hours a night.
- Best moment this week: Hopefully I get to see her tomorrow 🙂
- Miss Anything? SLEEP
- Movement: All the time! Especially when I’m stretched out in the recliner or trying to sleep.
- Food cravings: No specific cravings….other than my trusty ice water!
- Anything making you queasy or sick: Right now, everything because I’m sick and this sinus drainage has everything tasting disgusting.
- Gender: Still a girl!
- Labor Signs: Started having Braxton Hicks Contractions last week, and they start up if I’ve been standing for long periods of time.
- Symptoms: No sleep, HEARTBURN, irritable (due to lack of sleep) and just ready to hit the finish line! Oh, and apparently my nose is starting to spread? Several people have noticed it and pointed it out.
- Belly Button in or out? Still in!
- Wedding rings on or off? On, but might be coming off soon….my hands are starting to swell.
- Happy or Moody most of the time: It’s a mix of both, depends on the time of the day.
- Looking forward to: Finally meeting our little girl….We’ve been waiting a long time for this!